Community Forum

Charged $60 for a service call that lasted 2 mins and was scheduled by Comcast...Is this a joke?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Charged $60 for a service call that lasted 2 mins and was scheduled by Comcast...Is this a joke?

I've been experiencing issues with my Xfinity TV for a month now.  Pixelation on channels, On Demand movies pausing 20x during a movie, box disconnect and unavailable errors.  I call and the tech says my signal is "in the red" and they need to send a tech out.  We schedule an 11-1 pm timeslot as I work from home.  Guy shows up at 9:25 while I'm working and barely speaks english.  It takes me 5 minutes to tell him what my issues are, he turns on the TV and says I dont see any problems.  Never connects a single test instrument, just says everything looks fine.  Over the next 3 weeks still experiencing same issues, pixelation and paused/skipping on demand shows.  Multiple calls to tech support they reset the box maybe 12 times and each time tell me its fine.  Issues continue.  Now they tell me I need to bring the box into a service center and swap it out or I can have them send me a replacement for $15.  To add insult to injury I just took a look at my bill and find I WAS CHARGED $60 FOR A 2 MINUTE SERVICE CALL WITH AN <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> TECH.  4 weeks, 3 hours on the phone, no resolution but charged $60 for nothing.  Anyone on this board care to keep a 5 year customer that spends $3000 a year on service?  Or is this a not too subtle <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">