Community Forum

Charge for defective phone

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Charge for defective phone

I order 4 phones ,when we we received the phones we had a problem with one of them. We was sent a new phone right away to replace that one. We ended up getting charge for the defective phone as we didn't send it back within 20 days. Which is totally understandable. We sent the defective phone back, my husband drop it in FedEx Box and forgot to take of tracking sticker receipt. So unfortunately we don't have tracking number to track package. I figure no big deal as I'm sure xfinity has it as it was their FedEx sticker that came in the box. I was wrong, I was told that they have stack of these and don't keep track of them. Then another rep said that Fedex keeps track of them as they have a partnership with them and the sticker would of had my address on it and FedEx could look it up that way...which don't make sense if they have a stack of them in warehouse and just stick them in the box it would have my info on it. Well needless to say they report they have no phone,but was originally told they have the phone when we called in the week after we sent it. Every time we called in was told the warehouse was behind reviewing phones but they have it. Finally after almost month was told that don't have the phone and have no record of them telling us they have the phone. I asked if they can listen to the phone calls as it always says it's being recorded...of course they don't have the recording. I'm at a lost of why I have to pay for a phone that I don't have and was told by you customer service you do have. I feel that xfinity doesn't care as you made not attempt to tracking down the phone with FedEx or make sure the IMEI number can't be use.....you just say oh well you are responsible for it. I also have a issue on my rebate on the phone. I bought 2 of the same phone which are suppose to have rebate but only got one email for one of the phones. I was told today that it could be that it hasn't been 90 days yet....I'm Not too confident that I'm going to get rebate for the phone as well. I'm sure once again it will be oh well! We all switch to Xfinity to save money not to lose money! Also your payment options online are terrible took me week to pay my bills and I ended up paying over the phone with customer service rep with the same card.  I have spent hours and hours on the phone and one unhappy customer!  

Official Employee

Re: Charge for defective phone

BERT1428, thanks for posting. 

All rebates can be checked here: https://xfinityrewardcenter.com/

All payments are typically done via auto pay. 

Have you called FedEx? Are they able to locate your package? If not, you'll need to file a claim with them. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

I need a tracking number in order to locate package. I called them already, they had several packages being return to xfinity that same day and without knowing the tracking number they are unable to say which one would be mine.

Official Employee

I need a tracking number in order to locate package. I called them already, they had several packages being return to xfinity that same day and without knowing the tracking number they are unable to say which one would be mine.

BERT1428, I see. Do you still need help with this? If so, please send me a private message with your full name, address and the phone number tied with your residential services.