Community Forum

Charge for Service Call not informed .

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Charge for Service Call not informed .

I was charged a service call last month of $50.00.  I called about it and spoke to a person somewhere in another state. He was not at all nice in fact rather rude.  The reason I did not pay it was because the reason for my need to have service person was because of your faulty equipment. I had this service installed on the 1st of June this year and have had nothing but trouble with it. I had tried to fix it several times by phone and it just kept happening again.  I was told they would have to send a service person out but never told me there would be a charge. I have had service with you for over 10 years and never had problems at our other home but have had nothing but problems and it was a new install but used old equipment from the other home. If this is your practice to charge for out-dated equipment and then charge for changing it out I will be looking into other services  because I know I can get them at a better rate than I am paying now.  We are retired and on a fixed income and never thought once about looking else where until this but this has made me take a look and I will be shopping especially if this is not taken care of properly..