Community Forum

Charge $60 service charge when the issue was a cable not connected outside of my property??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Charge $60 service charge when the issue was a cable not connected outside of my property??

I was just shocked to get a $60 charge for a "in-house" service charge.  Here is the background:

We've been a Comcast customer for many years.  We used to have TV and Internet and now just Internet.  Our internet suddenly stopped working.  I called and the customer support tried to reset my modem.  It didn't help.  They then told me the issue was that my Model was to old and that I needed to purchase a new one.  Which I did.  I hooked it up and customer support tried to provision it but couldn't reach it so they sent a technician.  The technician discovered that the cable feeding to my house that was connected to a box off my property was disconnected and (and he said it had water in it).  So he replaced the cable (it is a ~ 20 yard run, suspended from a pole to my house).   The internent then worked (I had to work with customer support to get it fully provisioned).

I was surprised when I was charged for this and called customer support.  They first said it was because the tech came inside my house and that it was because it was "my equipment".  When I asked to be escalated to a supervisor, then I was told that because a technician had to be dispatched at all.  Can someone let me know if this is correct?  I wasn't ever told that there would be a $60 service charge for fix the cable off my property.  This doesn't seem right.

Expert

Re: Charge $60 service charge when the issue was a cable not connected outside of my property??

If the primary problem was with the line outside of your house, it wouldn't be a billed to you. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Charge $60 service charge when the issue was a cable not connected outside of my property??

Hi cshaver999. I can assist with reviewing your account and the technician visit fee you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.

Regular Visitor

Thanks Nerdburg.

Haven't seen anything from Xfinity yet....

Regular Visitor

Whoops - Just saw the request from Xfinity on this forumn.  Will take this offline and work directly with Xfinity - will post back at conclussion.