Community Forum

Changing my current service to gigabit service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Changing my current service to gigabit service

Hi,

I have been a loyal customer since the July 2016 and really disappointed how Comcast treats the loyal customers.

I am currently using "Internet Plus Choice + X1 TV" bundle service and recently found out the gigabit service is available for my address (98001). In addition, I saw there is $70 a month promotion which really caught my attention. However, when I asked the xfinity agent about it, I was told it is not available for me since I already used a different internet promotion. And each customer only gets to use 1 promotion throughout the service. I know this is not true and I don’t need any other services but only internet and the only reason I have TV+Internet bundle is it was the promotion price requirement.

I was even going to add unlimited data cap fee when I change to gigabit service, but It really makes me sad and angry that Comcast only focus on new customers to make more money and abandon the old loyal customers. Now I am seriously thinking about terminate my service and switch to another company unless I could get a better or the same deal as a new customer.

Please let me know I can get any help.

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Changing my current service to gigabit service

Hi dignitaryshoppe, 

Sorry for the experience your having. I can review your account to see what current internet only offers are available but cannot guarantee the same pricing as new customers, as they are offered lower-priced plans as an introductory rate. If interested in discussing the offers I have available, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to send you a private message to discuss my situation, but I don't see an option to send you a private message.  

Official Employee

Hello @greg904. In order to activate private messaging, you must first create a public post. For more information please see: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Private-Messaging/m-p/2936832