Community Forum

Change to Internet Only

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Change to Internet Only

I have been a Comcast customer for years, but am currently classified as under contract because I moved this spring.  After a few months, we have decided we would like to eliminate TV and move to internet only.  When I called, I was told that an internet-only plan would be roughly $120/month, and that I would have to pay a $200 cancellation fee for terminating my contract early.  Is there a cheaper alternative to what was presented to me?  Otherwise, I'll simply pay the cancellation fee and switch to a different provider...

Expert

Re: Change to Internet Only

Hi @lowder110

Sorry, you were given some less-than-accurate info. As long as you keep at least one service an ETF does not apply (this may be different if you signed a contract for home security).  Also unless you are looking for top-tier internet offerings, it's not that expensive. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Change to Internet Only

Hello, lowder110. What Nerdburg has advised is correct. As long as you keep one line of business there will be no ETFs. This also includes Xfinity Home as well. However, if you move to a location that Comcast doesn't service this still constitutes as terminating all services and would still need to pay the ETFs. In your case, there will be no ETFs as you are still keeping services. If you would like me to look further into assisting you with downgrading to just internet, please send me a PM so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!