Community Forum

Cannot register for Comcast essentials

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cannot register for Comcast essentials

I find I am qualified for Comcast Essentials. But they require 90 days never use Xfinity before application. My area only has Xfinity. It is impossible to meet the requirement. Who knows how to solve the problem?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot register for Comcast essentials

Do you currently have Comcast service and want to change due to recent circumstances? If so, I'm not sure if there is a workaround. Comcast created Essentials in order to get the NBC merger approved, but throws up so many blocks and conditions that very few can actually get it.

New Poster

You are right.  They set up the 90 days rules is for attracting clients from other companies. They do not really help the people who live in area which only has Comcast service. I called Internet Essentials. They transfered me to Comcast customer service. The representative just replied "no no no " for anything. My current bundle is TV and internet. She even wanted to turn off my TV but does not lower my bill. It is very bad service of the representative. When I wanted to talk to manager, she said "bye".

Official Employee

Hi janeinfl, I responded to your original post regarding your concerns please reach out to me there or by clicking on this link.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!