Community Forum

Cannot get an Xfinity rep out to my apartment

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cannot get an Xfinity rep out to my apartment

Xfinity has frustrated me to the point of tears over the past 3 days. 

It started Sunday when someone cut all of the internet cables on the outside of my apartment building, cutting service to the entire side of the building. I called and explained internet service was out to the building. I was told it was probably my modem, but I explained that it wasn't. I was told no one could come out until Monday. I was given a credit for the inconvenience, I was satisfied with that. 

Monday- I left work early to be home for my appointment. A technician showed up on time and couldn't fix the problem. The issue is that the cable is cut outside, I have a picture illustrating this. He left after about 20 mins and I was told someone else would come. When I checked my Xfinity app- it said my appointment was for WEDNESDAY! I called and asked if someone could come out sooner, they scheduled me for a Tuesday appointment between 2 and 4 pm.

Tuesday- I checked my app in the morning and saw the appointment scheduled for 2-4. I came home from work and waited. I checked my app again just after 2, and saw my appointment had been changed (no call, no notification, no check to see if I was available at a different time) to Wednesday. I called at 2:13pm on Feb 27 and was told they couldnt schedule my appointment, even though I had seen it on the app for hours as scheduled and had come home for the appointment. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was put on hold for 40 MINUTES, then the supervisor ASSURED me that someone would be out to fix it that day, as originally promised. She assured me someone would be there between 3 and 5pm. Around 4, I received a notification that a technician was on the way to me, and I would be contacted shortly. No one ever called or showed up at my home. Just before 4:30, I checked my Xfinity app again, and my appointment had been changed (again no call, no notification, no consideration of a possible conflict on my part) to THURSDAY. I called again at 4:28pm on Feb 27 and was told I never had an appointment for that day, my appointment was for Thursday. After speaking with a lady for quite awhile, asking her why I was promised an appointment by a supervisor if there wasn't a technician available, I was assured again that someone would come out that day, as originally promised, between 4:30 and 6pm. I asked her how I could be sure someone would arrive, because I had been scheduled twice previously and so far no one had shown up. She gave me an order number, and promised me that if I called back, that would be my proof that I was scheduled for Tuesday, Feb 27 between 4 and 6pm. I was told a technician was waiting on another technician to come to my home, and they would call me before 5:30pm to tell me they were on the way. 5:30 came, no one called. I called Xfinity again at 5:31pm on Feb 27 to make sure someone was still coming. I gave the rep my order # (the assurance I had received that I was, in fact, going to have a technician come that day) and I was told that order number was for an appointment for Thursday. I spoke with the man for quite awhile again, asking how it is that I would be assured by someone on Monday, then again by a supervisor on Tuesday and again by another rep on Tuesday that someone would be there by the end of Tuesday and yet no one came and there was no accountablity on their part. He had no answer for me. He said the could come Wednesday between 4 and 6pm. I told him I didn't believe anyone would show up, I wanted written consent and assurance that they would arrive before 6pm on Wednesday. I was informed that it's against company policy to give written consent to customers about appointments. He told me to look at the Xfinity app. I told him that I had several appointments on the app that were never honored, similarily to the promises I was never honored. 

I am scheduled for today, Feb 28, but I very low hope someone will actually arrive. I am looking into other internet providers at this point, and am looking into contacting the PUC. I have been without internet for 3 days when a simple fix was all that was needed. A rep came to fix my downstair neighbor's cable, but I checked and mine was not repaired- it is severed at one end. No one I have spoken to on the phone has been helpful to me or has gotten me a technician.

cable.jpg
Expert

Re: Cannot get an Xfinity rep out to my apartment

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cannot get an Xfinity rep out to my apartment

Hi, sks121387 - Please accept my apologies for your experience. In order to check what is currently going on with your services, please send me your full name and a phone number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!