Community Forum

Cannot afford new increase

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Cannot afford new increase

My two year contract expired and my new bill shows a $30+ increase.  I cannot afford another almost $400. a year.  I am retired and on a fixed income. I have been a loyal cable customer for 30+ years.  I went to one of the local Comcast stores to inquire what I need to do to change to a less costly package, or if necessary, cancel my cable service.  The young man helping me recommended I contact Comcast's retention department .  I did look at the costs for "new customers packages" which are much lower than longstanding customers are offered.  I would appreciate hearing from a retention department employee.  Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Cannot afford new increase

Hi nancy217. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. I have received your private message and I have responded. Let's take it from there. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot afford new increase

This was my first time using community forum and seeking help to find a package that might be affordable to me.  Comcast JoeTru answered my posting, was very courteous, professional & knowledgable in his responses to my many questions..... in his review of my current service and cost..... and attempting to find a new service that may fit my monthly budget.   Thank you for your help!