Community Forum

Cancelled original order, chat agents will not/cannot reinstate

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Cancelled original order, chat agents will not/cannot reinstate

I signed up for the Cyber Monday deal in late November 2017. Waited two weeks to get an installer appointment, who sees that a line needs to be run to my residence, something which I had already informed Comcast of when I placed the order. Local utility is here in 48 hours. Five (5!) weeks later the first crew runs the line under the road. Two months later after placing the order, Sales Dept cancels the order without explanation. Chat agents (obviously in India) do not have the authority to reinstate the original order, but would be happy to place a new order at a higher price. I have no idea if the work order to finish running the line to my residence might have been cancelled because there is now not a purchase order. I have little complaint about how long it is taking for the lines to be run (it *is* winter, after all) but the order should never have been cancelled. I have the original order in writing (email, same thing) and it should be honored. If I have to be patient, so does Comcast. But two more months because I have to restart the process, at a higher cost, is unacceptable.

Official Employee

Re: Cancelled original order, chat agents will not/cannot reinstate

Hi raydavis, 

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to get your services activated. I'd like to see how I can make this right for you. In order to do so, I'll need to gather some information from you in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the following information:

• Your first and last name
  • Account number or Phone number associated with your account
  • The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 

Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!