Community Forum

Cancel cable--Keep Internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cancel cable--Keep Internet

I have been a Comcast customer for many years, but for now it is best for me to cancel my cable, but keep my internet and voice services. Is is true that Xfinity takes advanatge of this and raises your internet and voice prices when you request a downgrade? Has anyone had any positive experiences doing this? (cancelling cable but keeping internet)

New Poster

Re: Cancel cable--Keep Internet

Each time I have called to find out how to lower my bill by removing services, they tell me my bill will increase. I believe you are correct. I'm scrapping all 3 services in March, and using my cell phone. My husband is the only one who watches television and he doesn't mind.
Good luck!!
New Poster

i would like to cancel my cable service but keep my internet 

New Poster

Thanks. I did up cancelling the cable and the landline phone and kept just the Internet. Saved about $100/month. Will probably get live TV with HULU...even with getting that...will still be less $$$ than staying with Xfinity for everything.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Official Employee

Thank you for sharing this on the community. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day.