Community Forum

Cancel Service and Sign Up as New Customer for Promotional Offers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cancel Service and Sign Up as New Customer for Promotional Offers

Well, once again, I'm another long term customer complaining about Xfinity / Comcast not treating its existing customers well.

I have just initiated cancellation of service in order to "play the game" to get better pricing on my Comcast Service.

We will resubscribe for service under a "different name" to get the "new customer" double play bundle deals on internet and basic TV to save $$$.  

I wished we I didn't have to do this but with Comcast's new pricing structure on our service, it is too expensive and we can't afford it so we're resorting to hardball tactics to save money.  

Why does Comcast  treat its loyal customers so poorly???  

New Poster

Re: Cancel Service and Sign Up as New Customer for Promotional Offers

I am literally going through the same thing right now!!  They do not treat their customers with any bit of respect!  I wish that I could switch to another comapny!!  I wish Directv offered internet becasue they have amazing customer service.

Regular Contributor

@suzie987 wrote:

Well, once again, I'm another long term customer complaining about Xfinity / Comcast not treating its existing customers well.

I have just initiated cancellation of service in order to "play the game" to get better pricing on my Comcast Service.

We will resubscribe for service under a "different name" to get the "new customer" double play bundle deals on internet and basic TV to save $$$.  

I wished we I didn't have to do this but with Comcast's new pricing structure on our service, it is too expensive and we can't afford it so we're resorting to hardball tactics to save money.  

Why does Comcast  treat its loyal customers so poorly???  

i dont  think you  can  cancel and then thing singed  up  has  a new customer  has there will be  a waiting time  be for  you  can make a new account  after  you have closed your old one  how ever  a comcast rep  may be able too find you  a good deal for the  account you have now   but you cant this closed your old  one and singed up for a new one has a new Customer  this too get a better offer 

Valued Contributor

Snow that is incorrect. A new customer can setup service immediately after the previous is disconnected. UNLESS, the person setting up the new service is the exact person who just disconnected. In that case, they can still setup service, but won't have new customer offers available. (There has to be 60-90 days in between disconnect and the new install for the same person to get new customer pricing.) I imagine that was setup to prevent people from doing exactly what this person is attempting.