Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can't reply or send message.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Can't reply or send message.

Hello -- I am trying to reply to a Comcast person, but when I click on the "Reply" button, nothing happens.  I also tried clicking on "Send Message", but the words "Private Message" just come up with no way to do that, either. I've tried clearing my cache and closing then reopening my browser; didn't help, so I'm wondering if there's a problem with your website.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Can't reply or send message.

@mrshvd3 - No worries at all. You should now get a private message feature, could you please try to PM me? 

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi, mrshvd3 - What browser do you use? We don't have any reported issues with the private messaging, otherwise, we (moderators) won't be able to reply our customers as well. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, mrshvd3 - What browser do you use? We don't have any reported issues with the private messaging, otherwise, we (moderators) won't be able to reply our customers as well. 

I think that thread may have been closed before I had chance to reply.  Don't know about the Private Message function; it had been disabled, but I assumed it would be okay to use now.

After I posted this, I tried clicking on Send Message on your name (Comcast Ella).  All I get is a page that says "Private Messages" and nothing that indicates where or how to send a message to you.  (I didn't want to send a message, just see if there was a way to do it on an open thread instead of a closed one.)

Official Employee

@mrshvd3 - I see an issue with your account for private messaging, I already escalated it to our community manager. As soon as I get a reply back - I will let you know. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

@mrshvd3 - I see an issue with your account for private messaging, I already escalated it to our community manager. As soon as I get a reply back - I will let you know. 

Thank you.  And my apologies to ComcastZach for not getting a reply back to him on a question he'd asked.  I thought I had, but I don't see it in that thread now.

Official Employee

@mrshvd3 - No worries at all. You should now get a private message feature, could you please try to PM me?