Community Forum

Can't Manage My Devices

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can't Manage My Devices

Had problem with Xfinity properly identifying my new Motorola dicsis 3.1 modem. Tech from this forum re-provisioned today and happy days everything was identified properly and I could refresh, restart ect. Got home from work and double checked and every device has gone south. Either failed or unknown. Can't refresh or restart devices. Im surfing web and both tv devices seem to be working ok but looks like my devices and Xfinity aren't talking to each other

devices.JPG

Official Employee

Re: Can't Manage My Devices

Hi @elmurfud. I sent an account refresh signal through to your equipment to attempt to remedy this. Please check again, and confirm if the issue is resolved, please. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well, after your refresh, my devices changed from "unknown" to "connected" . However this evening they reverted back to unknown and my secondary tv box showed "failed" although there dosn't seem to be any viewing problems. In a previous reply you said you found a power problem on my line. If I could impose you to re-check if there is a problem still there that might be causing the lack of correct identifications and if so you would able to schedule a service visit Friday afternoon. If not, no problem, I can call for one.

Again, many thanks

Steve

Official Employee

Hi elmurfud, I can schedule a tech for you if needed. First I want to check a few things on my end to get your equipment recognized by our system, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!