Community Forum

Can i downgrade from Doubleplay to Singleplay while still under contract?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can i downgrade from Doubleplay to Singleplay while still under contract?

In light of Comcast removing DVR Remote Scheduling functionality from the X1 platform, after loosing their patent dispute with Rovi and refusing to license the technology to avoid customer service disruptions, I no longer want Xfinity TV/DVR service. Sorry, but in 2018 this is basic functionality. I'm not interested in putting my needs on hold for a year, or 2, or 3, while Comcast litigates this 'til their blue in the face. Whatever, best of luck with that nonsense. 

So my question is, I'm still under contract on a doubleplay package (TVDVR/Internet). Can i downgrade service to just singleplay/internet only without penalty? I had no plans to do this before the remote scheduling fiasco, but it is what it is. Now i have to adapt. 

Official Employee

Re: Can i downgrade from Doubleplay to Singleplay while still under contract?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there any available promotions for you if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.