Community Forum

Can a plan change be scheduled in advance, to happen when current contract ends?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can a plan change be scheduled in advance, to happen when current contract ends?

My contract ends June 30th (bill issued May 18th, for services May31st to June 30th).  I have been paying $119.99 for X1 Preferred Triple Play.  I called Customer Service on June 1st to see what promotional rate would be available when my current contract ends on June 30th.  CS said $124.99 (an increase of $5) could be offered to me, and if I signed up for Ecobill with AutoPay (was already getting autopay done) I'd get a $5 discount.  So essentially I'd be paying the same, all good.

I went through the process with CS and signed up for a new plan.  However, the next day I got a verification email about what had been done, and my new contract started immediately on June 1st, the date I called in.  It looks like it is causing an overcharge total of about $10.00 (total of $164.11 for July instead of the expected $153 under my old plan) which wouldn't have occurred if the new plan started when the old plan ended.  This comes from 1) New plan is $5 more, so got a pro-ration fee of between old plan and new plan and 2) Eco bill of $5 discount not applied since old plan paper billing had already happened.

Can't Comcast schedule a new plan for the exact date when old plan expires?  There would be no need for pro-ration in that case.  I have scheduled a plan change in advance with AT&T for my mobile service and it is simpler.  In this case, it would have saved me money.

Official Employee

Re: Can a plan change be scheduled in advance, to happen when current contract ends?

Hello sandra614. Yes, a change of service order can be scheduled effective for a specific date in the future. You would have to request this. When you ordered a new plan, the change of service generally happens immediately, on that day, unless otherwise specified. 

Since you already changed your service, the order most likely has been closed and cannot be reverted back to your old plan for a redo. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can a plan change be scheduled in advance, to happen when current contract ends?

Does this vary with the tier of customer service that you are dealing wih?  The employee I talked to before making this change was in "Customer Solutions Team" and told me it was too soon to make the change on May 21.  The second employee who I talked to on June 1st who actually made the change, did not offer me the option of now or when contract ended, so I assumed it was the latter.  The third employee that I talked to yesterday said that Comcast does not offer the option of scheduling change for a future date.

When I called yesterday, I was concerned I would be billed twice for the month of June since old plan auto pay paper bill had already come out for 153.30 and the estimated generated bill for June under new plan would be 164.11.  He, however, assured me that June's bill would remain 153,30, and July's bill would probably be 164.11 (includes past pro-ration charge of 3.90 for June).  Does this sound correct?

Official Employee

Hi sandra614. We apologize you have not received consistent messaging. We will continue to work harder at training our employees to deliver consistent messaging on Comcast policies. The change of service can be scheduled for a future date. This is not something we offer proactively, as most changes are expected to take effect immediately. If a customer asks for a date in the near future, we try to accommodate the request. 

In order for me to confirm your bill total and balance for June and July, I will need to access your account. In order to access your account, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Iwant to see the prices and what the offer has for chanels. The price i pay is way to high

Frequent Visitor

I have X1 Triple Play (Voice, Internet, TV) with Preferred Channel line-up.  It is one step up from the Starter Channel line-up; it includes most sports channels and HD picture.  You can see what  the channel line-up is for your zip code by acting like you are a new subscriber and entering in your zip code on the Comcast website.