Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Can I cancel my TV service and just keep Internet?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Can I cancel my TV service and just keep Internet?

Comcast TV is just not worth it anymore, not for how little I watch it.  I looked on the website but it constantly states I must have TV service in order to have Internet service.  I'd consider upgrading my internet service to blastif the cost wasn't prohibitive, but the site isn't really clear.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Can I cancel my TV service and just keep Internet?

I just paid until 2/2... so if you can upgrade me to blast and cancel my TV service effective my next billing cycle.. that would be great.

Also, is this going to effect my billing date at all?  It's not that it matters, I just want to make sure I adjust my autopay.

Thanks.

All Replies
Problem Solver

Hello KMarks0201,

You are able to have the XFINITY Internet Service only. I have provided the different packages, speeds, and the monthly rates for your area below. If you are interested in any of these packages, please let me know along with the effective date for the change to occur.

*Performance Starter (10 Mbps/2 Mbps) @ $49.95

*Performance (25 Mbps/5 Mbps) @ $66.95

*Blast (75 Mbps/10 Mbps) @ $79.95

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I just paid until 2/2... so if you can upgrade me to blast and cancel my TV service effective my next billing cycle.. that would be great.

Also, is this going to effect my billing date at all?  It's not that it matters, I just want to make sure I adjust my autopay.

Thanks.

New Poster

Hi ComcastSheoneka,

I too would like to downgrade my account to internet only as my finances have recently changed and I can no longer afford cable service.

How do I go about changing to internet Blast (75 Mbps/10 Mbps) @ $79.95 only?
Are you able to help with this?

Thanks
Lauren
Problem Solver

Hello mlaurenh,

I will be more than happy to assist you regarding your account. I have sent you a private message so that we discuss your account more freely.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

What options do I have for my service area. I no longer need TV, I only need internet/wifi?

Problem Solver

Hello TSR13,

Thank you for posting! I am more than happy to help. I will send you a private message to discuss this further. To check your private messages click on the envelope icon located in the top right corner of the the XFINITY forums page.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi CCSheoneka,

I am not able to afford Comcast TV anymore, I was hoping to just go down to Comcast Internet.

I was wonderingly if you were able to help me sign up for the *Performance Starter (10 Mbps/2 Mbps) @ $49.95?

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hey Zopolosashley!

I can help sign up for the Performance starter package. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

New Poster

I am in the same boat of wanting to cut my Comcast cable + internet down to just internet-only but, unfortunately, after spending time talking on the phone with a Comcast rep this afternoon and via chat with a different Comcast rep, I was told that I needed to call and talk to the Comcast Customer Solutions department on Monday.

The basis for the discussion is that I (an existing customer) was unhappy with the internet service packages and prices for them that were being offered, as I have seen lower prices online for internet-only packages that Comcast is offering. After discussion with a Comcast rep, they stated that the package that I as requesting - Performance Internet at 25 Mbps download for $34.99 ($29.99 when I sign up with autopay and ecobill) - was only available to new customers, not existing customers. For me (an existing customer), Comcast wants $66.95 per month for the exact same internet package.

So, why is it that Comcast values new customers more than existing customers? It seems that Comcast consistently offers the best deals and packages to only new customers and shuts out their existing customers from being able to sign up for those same packages. I just don't think it is right that I, as an existing customer, am forced to consistently pay more than a brand-new customer for the exact same package and services.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here Zopolosashley. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Hello,
I also would like to bring down my bill since I changed jobs and can’t afford it. I’ve been a customer for 3 years and the price went up double. I had it on auto pay and just realized been paying double for 3 or 4 month.
Thank you
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here mhatoum86. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Regular Visitor

I am interested in other options for reducing my bill as well - I have been a Triple Play customer for over 10 years.

Apparently Comcast forums won't allow private messages to be sent until a public post has been made, so this is the post.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here.

Regular Visitor

I'm in a similar situation. Have been a customer for just over 2 years and price for 25Mbps internet only has climbed to $65/month. ATT is pushing promos hard in my area, offering faster speeds at lower costs. Wanting to avoid the frustration of scheduling an installer and switching billing to a different company, I tried to get one of the existing Comcast promos (specifically offer ID 9626110024: 75Mbps for $45 or $40/mo with autopay)...but they wouldn't budge. The only 'promo' they would offer was a TV bundle (locals only...which I can get free OTA) for an INCREASE in bill?!? Apparently they haven't figured out that it's cheaper to retain customers than it is to sign on new customers. Oh well...guess I'll be making the switch to fiber.

Official Employee

Hi RajVMN,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, private messaging has been disabled until a public post is created to ensure each customer is helped in the order the post was received. I'm more than happy to help review the offers in your area to see how we can help lower your rate. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Official Employee

Anon100618v,

I can help with your billing concerns. Send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services and we can go from there. 

Official Employee

Hi davidedd,

We'd hate to lose you as a customer. If you haven't switched yet, I'd like to review the offers in your area to see if I am able to get you in the package referenced above. Please send me a private message verifying following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name, then click private message me. 

Tags (1)