Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cable Line Down on My Car

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cable Line Down on My Car

I have a cable line down physically touching my vehicle. I called about 3 hours ago to report it. I was told that they were putting in an emergency ticket and that someone would most likely contact me within 30 mins. I called after 2 hours and then I was told that it generally takes 1-3 days for them to respond to these tickets but don't worry, if I explain the situation they will hopefully be quick about fixing it after that. Can I touch my vehicle with the cable line down on it? I can't go without transportation for 1-3 or however many days they end up waiting to fix this. The line is completely blocking the neighbors driveway as well.

17952436_10158626026905158_422618520025215171_n.jpg
17952671_10158626027010158_1170593369815451084_n.jpg
Expert

Re: Cable Line Down on My Car

It looks like it might be a phone line. Is the line flat? Is it attached to the lowest service on the pole? If so, that's a phone line. 

Either phone or cable is safe to touch, so you can move it out of your way. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
New Poster

The line is not completely flat, it says COMMSCOPE on the wire. Is that phone or cable?

Expert

taustin1 wrote:

The line is not completely flat, it says COMMSCOPE on the wire. Is that phone or cable?

That's cable. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
New Poster

Thank you for letting me know that it was ok to touch it. I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to use my car and that is very stressful. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi taustin1, thank you for bringing this to our attention, If you are still needing assistance with raising the cable please respond to my private message.

Thank you