Community Forum

CONSTRUCTION SERVICE-I paid $2800, now where is my internet service? 20+ year customer here.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

CONSTRUCTION SERVICE-I paid $2800, now where is my internet service? 20+ year customer here.

I live in a small culdesac neighborhood Roaming Hills, Richmond Indiana and although the neighbor has Xfinity home security, I was told it would cost me $2800 to run a service line to my house, while Comcast would pay $2000. I pay more than Comcast to constuct the line but they reap the benefits for years and years from other customers. Anyway, my letter from the regional construction manager, Jack Parker-Indiana, said after they recieved 50% of the payment, they would begin the process within in 30 days. It took 32 days but with the frigid temperatures, I understand the extra days. He told me that if I paid the other half, it would speed up the process. About 3 weeks after the first payment, we paid the second payment. Now we have a vertical box with a black cable sticking out (permanent drops-unconnected) in our yard next to the utility line box, and two others in other people's yard next to the drive way 100's of feet away. None of the drops are connected.  The drop lines near the other homes are NOT CONNECTED  to the main line and it's been a week. The regional construction manager said he has no idea when home installation would begin and that I would be called by Comcast. Sooooo, now that Comcast has my nearly $3000, when can I expect the drop lines to be connected and the home line run into the house so I can get Internet? Can an Comcast/Xfinity person here help speed up the process or investigate my issue?? Thanks for any help!!

Expert

Re: CONSTRUCTION SERVICE-I paid $2800, now where is my internet service? 20+ year customer here.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee. Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Re: CONSTRUCTION SERVICE-I paid $2800, now where is my internet service? 20+ year customer here.

swingdangler, let's get that drop connected. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number for help. 

KenF