Community Forum

Broadcast TV & Regional Sports fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Broadcast TV & Regional Sports fee

My bill shows that I'm paying a Broadcast TV fee for $ 9.28 & Regional Sports fee of $7.54 per month.. What are these fees? Why do I have to pay a Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports fee if I no longer subscribe to cable television?

Comcast support tells me that these fee's will be gone from this months bill, but they have not.

When I spoke with Comcast support regarding these fee's, I am offered a reduced monthly payment of 20.00 if I sign a year contract. I don't want a contract nor do i want to pay an additional 16.82 per month associated with services I no longer subscribe to. So how do I remove these fee's from my bill?

Last month I changed my plan to internet only. Mainly because of work (not much time to watch TV these days) and when we wanted to watch TV, its all commercials, too many commercials in fact and those creepy weird drug commercials are just disturbing. Family reunions, blue skies bright colors and smiles everywhere, with a soothing voice that lists of the worst possible side effects a human being should ever have to endure.. Manipulative drug advertising at its worst. I'm fully aware that this exists with all television service providers. I'm just not willing to pay for it anymore.

Valued Contributor

Re: Broadcast TV & Regional Sports fee

This question has been asked and answered multiple times. You recently changed your service, they are showing pro-rated charges. It even shows this on the bill in detail. If you went to internet only, your service in the future will not have these charges.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. I've read those posts, and for the most part, I see the definition of what the fee's are and Comcast employee's responding in the same manner regarding pro-rated billing. Also, that the fee's should not be included on a bill, if internet only, after the pro-rate term has ended.. My next bill has posted, the pro-rate term has ended, the Broadcast TV and Regional Sports fee are still there. Reading the other posts, I don't believe I'm going to get the help I need here in the forums. I'll continue calling Comcast support and see what manifests..
Valued Contributor

The other customers TV fees were removed after the service was changed to internet only. You are just not understanding the way the billing is done. You are charged in advance for service. Depending on your billing cycle, and when you made the change, the next 2 bills could possibly show these charges (or even credits back for these charges)
Official Employee

Hello brynet. It is true that if you downgrade from Cable + Internet to Internet Only, these taxes are not removed until your 2nd billing cycle. Your next month billing cycle with show the prorates for having removed cable service.  If you still have any questions with your taxes and fees, I can help. If needed, send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your account.