Community Forum

Broadcast TV Fee while subscribing to Xfinity Live TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee while subscribing to Xfinity Live TV

I am trying to understand the Broadcast TV Fee on our bill when we only subscribe to Xfinity Live TV.  Any other streaming service not only charge less than Xfinity Live Tv (which is $10.00 + the entertainment package $15.00 and the sports/news package $25.00); the most the other top streaming service charge is $40.00 which includes the entertainment and sports/news channels and there is NO Broadcast TV Fee.  So I am wondering if Comcast/Xfinity only charge their customers this fee when they are Xfinity customers?  What about consumers who subscribe to another internet service but opt to subscribe to Xfinity Live TV; are they too charged a Broadcast TV Fee?  Because of this we have cancelled our Xfinity Live TV subscription.  I also wonder if our having your Internet service, will we STILL be charged for a Broadcast TV Fee?  If so, maybe we should cancel our account with Xfinity and go back to AT&T internet (though slower than Xfinity, we were NOT nickled and dimed by fees).
Official Employee

Re: Broadcast TV Fee while subscribing to Xfinity Live TV

Hi CheriTEA, The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge on the bill that recovers a portion of the costs of retransmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable providers like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.
In recent years, our costs to retransmit broadcast television signals has more than doubled, and this itemized charge will make it clearer for customers to see the factors that are driving price changes.

This fee is for all TV levels and not assessed if you just have internet services.

Thank you