Community Forum

Blocked address? Balance from previous tenant.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Blocked address? Balance from previous tenant.

I believe my address has been blocked. After calling for support they said a previous tenant has an unpaid balance. They want to send a technician out but I can't miss work for this. Can it be solved online?
Valued Contributor

Re: Blocked address? Balance from previous tenant.

If the address is blocked, the line is likely disconnected. A tech should be required. You also need to go to the service center with your ID/lease to remove the block.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Blocked address? Balance from previous tenant.

Hi @Gred1

@JLDOOBLY is correct. In order to have this block removed, you will need to first show a service center agent a copy of your state ID or Drivers License and a copy of your lease. Doing so will then allow us to be able to send a technician who would be the only one able to make the address serviceable at this point. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!