Community Forum

Billing error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Billing error

I recently discovered that Comcast turned my account over to collection (Diversified Consultants) for a billing error on Comcasts part. I moved out of my residence on April 15 2017. I scheduled internet service to be terminated on that date. Comcast turned it off on March 27 for reasons unknown. I called to get it back on but apparently in doing so Comcast accounting eliminated the termination of sevice order and kept billing me for service. I paid the final last bill up to April 15 (never missed a payment or made late payment) and moved away. I never got an email, phone call or text about the account. I only found out about the issue when it showed up on my credit report as a bad mark. I discovered this in January 2018.

I contacted Comcast who told me it's too old, there is nothing they can do. What kind of policy is that?? How can I get this fixed and clean up my otherwise spotless credit history. Very frustrating dealing with Comcast in trying to resolve a 100% Comcast issue that now has impacted me negatively.

Any suggestions from anyone out there?

Thanks - Tim