Community Forum

Billing Trouble: Amount on phoning in doesn't reflect amount on site or bills

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Billing Trouble: Amount on phoning in doesn't reflect amount on site or bills

I'm not sure how to summarize this, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I have no idea what in the world is up with the balance Comcast is claiming is owed on my account right now.

Over the course of this year, I've been adjusting my bill to be at an amount I consider payable.  I've had to compensate for the amount my ex-husband left behind on the account, which, frankly, I don't think I should've been forced to pay in the first place, but that's already mostly said and done.

My previous balances were thus:

April going into May: Balance Forward Due Now: $194.55 out of $294.55.  New charges: $107.72.  $302.27 total.  Bam, paid. New total is $107.72 due by next billing cycle.

May going into June affirms: 302.27 - 194.55 = 107.72 due now, new charges 107.72, total of $215.44.  Paid $108. New total $107.44.

June going into July: $107.44 due immediately with new charges of $107.72.  Woo, I'm caught up to where my exact total owed is where it should be, right?

I call in and the automated system informs me that I owe $185 (somewhere in that range) out of $400-some. I'd call again right now but I don't have my phone on me.

So...wait, how does that work again?

To be clear, I'm tabbing over and looking at my billing statement on Xfinity as I type this and it's telling me my total amount due is $215.16, so I'm absolutely, utterly lost.  Have I been hit with some sneaky payment increase?  Is there some ghost-bill that the website isn't telling me about? I'm literally only getting internet services from Comcast, so I sure hope this isn't some kind of new standard paying increase, because $180-ish was the vicinity of what I was paying before I cut phone and TV. 

I made a payment to cover the full amount currently owed (the present-due, not all $400-some because I'm not made of money) as well (about 6 hours ago or so, I think), and it's not showing up taken out of my bank account nor is the Xfinity billing section acting like I've got anything pending, so I really could use some help figuring out what in the world's going on. I don't want to face a shutdown or a ridiculous upswing on my bill when nothing seems to have gone awry anywhere I can trace.