Community Forum

Bill keeps increasing, channels keep decreasing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Bill keeps increasing, channels keep decreasing

I have been a loyal customer since '89, however, I am ready to get rid of Comcast.  I am tired of having to call and fight and argue just to stay on top of the constant changing in my packages.  I am fed up with the years of headaches from billing problems with them.  Their packages and service, not to mention the actual loyalty to their customers has really declined and gone downhill.   I have been an autorized speaker to handle my account, as well as several members of my family in order to keep everyone happy so they don't leave Comcast, but it's just aggravation and unneccessary stress all around dealing with Comcast anymore.

My latest issue is this - It has been a year since my most recent package started.  I was told at the time that my package was good for 24 months, however, there was no "code" to put in at the time that was good for that price for 24 months.  So I was told to call after 12 months and request that they add the code to keep my rate/package for the 2nd half of the 24 months.  Naturally, that did not happen and my bill increased substantially and no one seemed to have the permission/rights to offer any help.

I contacted the specialized team for escalated issues and was then contacted by a representative whom was referenced as working on specifice issues on behalf of the executive team and the president.  I know all the calls are recorded, which I thought was great in my case.  However, they stated they have no record of that or do they have any codes to put on my account to extend my package for the 2nd part of the 24 months. 

I was told as many others have that the channels: ID, UP, TruTV, Oxygen, WE, WGN were no longer being offered and if I kept my package like it is, my bill would jump to the amount it is now and those channels would eventually go away anyway.  I was told the only package available to keep my bill around the same rate as it was before the increase, would result in my losing those 6 above mentioned channels as well as my Starz and Showtime. They could offer me the next tier up package, and the rate would be $5 less than what they increased my bill to now.  That package would allow me to keep Starz, and Showtime and I would get Netflix. 

I also learned something else that has been taken away.  There used to be a nice incentive promo for HBO for a few months to try out and see if you find that you would be interested in any shows they play.  I was told that they no longer offer, nor will they offer that incentive promo or any others like it for the pay channels.

I was informed that the consensus of customers are focused more on the internet speeds than the channel lineups, (which did not make much sense to me) so therefore the packages have been re-structured as they are now with that being the primary focus.

I don't know if anyone above Corporate gets reports of feedback from this forum but hopefully they do.  I have been saying for the past few years that I will give Comcast just one last chance before I give up and get rid of them altogether.  I work and don't have the time to take out of my day to be on the phone for what seems like hours every month or so because of problems with my bill.

Regular Visitor

Re: Bill keeps increasing, channels keep decreasing

I can't believe I have received No responses - I guess no one at Comcast/Xfinity cares to lose their long term customers

Regular Visitor

Re: Bill keeps increasing, channels keep decreasing

Still no responses and as of yesterday's call I was told that I can't even downgrade to a starter package because the starter price is cheaper than the 2nd year rate that i am in now!! Oh, and I was corrected - I've been with Comcast since 1986 not 1989 - still absolutely no loyalty to long-term customers.  They claim to not have codes to put in, however, those codes do exist for new customers. Unreal!

@MicheR wrote:

I can't believe I have received No responses - I guess no one at Comcast/Xfinity cares to lose their long term customers

@MicheR wrote: