Community Forum

Bill costs for existing client

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Bill costs for existing client

Like many of the people posting in this section, I have had Comcast for years and have always struggled with the pricing each year. Within the last year, I called “customer retention” and they were able to provide me with a package that essentially kept my monthly cost where it was (despite me saying I wanted to REDUCE my monthly cost). Nevertheless, I said that if they were giving me that rate I wanted it locked for two years and it was confirmed that it would be. Maybe a year down the road and my rate has gone up almost $30/month due to a decrease in my monthly promotion which means they did not, in fact, give me a two year rate lock.

I just spoke with Comcast via chat since the offices are closed today and the best the guy could offer was essentially the same deal but about $8/less per month on a 24 mont contract with 12 month rate lock. It was also to go from double play to triple play (which I don’t want or need) and because of the phone service it was going to be required for me to use one of their modems (I own a good modem currently).

I explained I don’t need as many channels as I have now and definitely don’t need 200mbps internet so his only other option was to offer basic cable.

Why is it that Comcast can’t just let us pick our own cable/internet packages and have reasonable terms? I get offered from direct tv and dish network all the time for $50-60/month packages that include Hd/Dvr and they are looking more and more appealing the more I’m having to deal with this.... not to mention where I live we are slowly beginning to get fiber internet service which will increase the competition for Comcast significantly.

Need suggestions. Would really like to get my bill down at least 40% without sacrificing all of my channels or all of my internet speed.
Official Employee

Re: Bill costs for existing client

Hi, Sensi08 - If you send me your account information (your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number) in a private message, I will check if we have any promotions that can lower your monthly rate. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.