Community Forum

Bill Rising?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Bill Rising?

I've been a customer since August 2017. I set up an internet plan with equipment rental at the concrete monthly charge of $60.70. Bill comes in this month(January) and it's $61.77. I don't want to sound paranoid but are the prices slowly rising on me? I would like an explanation for the price increase especially since I've been away from home for at least 2 weeks that payment period and not using the internet at all(in case it's a problem of using too much).

PS: I realize this is only a $1.07 difference but it's still something I'd like to know if anyone has the answer or could help me out. 

Thanks

New Poster

Re: Bill Rising?

I noticed it on my bill also it went up $4.12
Contributor

There was a notice in the last invoice (mine was 12/18 - 1/17 statement) that rates were going up, with a 2 page table of all the old prices and new prices.

Gold Problem Solver

Alyson_Purdue wrote: ... I set up an internet plan with equipment rental at the concrete monthly charge of $60.70 ...

They increased a number of prices for many customers effective 1/1/2018. The new prices might be listed in your November or December bill. If you rent a modem or modem/router from them, they may have increased the monthly fee for the device (locally, rental went from $10 to $11). They exempt fees and taxes from their supposed "fixed price" agreements, so this might be what you are seeing. Essentially Comcast has rendered contracts meaningless, since they can hike the amount of money they charge you whenever they want to, even if you are under contract.

You can often work out the reason for a price change by comparing recent bills. If you sign in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/billing with your Primary user ID you can view and compare the online copies.

Comcast sometimes responds to questions here in the forums, and sometimes they do not. When they do they might respond in a few hours, or it may take a few days.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.