Community Forum

Bill Forgiveness Issue...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Bill Forgiveness Issue...

In January, I contacted a Comcast-Xfinity employee through the online chat service regarding a possible payment deferment, as I had an issue between my two banks (one of which owned my vehicle loan) that caused me to be short on funds and unable to make my Xfinity payment on time. In order to prevent me from being unable to pay my bill on time, I asked for a deferment. The employee I spoke with over chat (I believe his name was Ivan) offered me a bill "forgiveness" instead and "zeroed" out my bill. He noted that it might take a few days to reflect this on my account and assured me it was taken care of. I waited for a few days, but nothing happened. Instead, I received an overdue bill notice in the mail and charges on my bank account. However, since I did not have the necessary funds, the charges were unable to process, resulting in returned payments (to Comcast). Due to the promise of the bill forgiveness, on behalf of Comcast, I ordered my bank to place a stop payment on the amount of $269 (and some change) from Comcast so I would not charged anymore. However, I was rebilled in the amount of $321.46 ($269 + late fee + returned check fee), which was processed.

New Poster

Re: Bill Forgiveness Issue...

Any help?
Admin1

Hi MJONES8543,

"Bill Forgiveness" is not a thing, nor has it ever been a thing. We don't zero out an account just because you'll be late on a payment. I reviewed your account and there are no notes suggesting this was going to happen. 

Any charges for reverse payments are valid since the payment tried to post. 

New Poster

@ComcastZach- So fun fact: Comcast is promoting its low-cost internet program by forgiving old debts. ... This merger is arguably the reason that Internet Essentials is still around at all — it was originally set to expire this year, but Comcast renewed it a few weeks after announcing the acquisition.
Expert

uncty4991 wrote:
@ComcastZach- So fun fact: Comcast is promoting its low-cost internet program by forgiving old debts. ... This merger is arguably the reason that Internet Essentials is still around at all — it was originally set to expire this year, but Comcast renewed it a few weeks after announcing the acquisition.

The debt must be older than a year.

And FWIW, your post doesn't apply to the original poster's issue.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.