Community Forum

Bill Dispute - Comcast Threatening to Terminate My Acct for $40 Bogus Fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Bill Dispute - Comcast Threatening to Terminate My Acct for $40 Bogus Fee

My bill (dated 04/21/16) had a $40 “Service Call Charge” fee.  I paid my regular monthly amount and sent a letter disputing...person I contacted said they couldn't help me that I had to either contact via phone, twitter, etc.  I just received a letter from u guys threatening to suspend my acct if I don't pay this fraudulent charge by 6/7.  I do not know what this is and do not plan to pay this as I feel that I have been ripped off.  When I called the Tech Support dept about my services issues, I told them about how my Internet service constantly dropped and how my Xfinity On Demand would not connect for 3 weeks.  The Tech person did not try any resolutions over the phone but insisted that she had to send someone out.  This was not my request and I was not informed that I would be billed $40 if someone came out.  If I was informed of the $40 service fee, I would’ve declined and just found another service provider.  When the technician came out to my home, he took a look at my cable box and said he was shocked that I had such an old box.  He said the cable box I had was very old and absolutely no one is using that box.  Being that I've only been a customer for a little over a year, he couldn’t understand why I was given such an ancient box so he switched it to the current standard box that he said all Comcast customers have.  I did not request a new box.  He also did not tell me that I would be billed $40.  I would like to know why I was charged $40 when I am the one who was disserviced with a crappy internet connection, bad equipment and had gone without On Demand services for three weeks. To date, I have wasted money in purchasing a 2nd new router (rec by Comcast) and my connection is still less than perfect.  So not worth the hassle.

Please let me know if you will be able to credit this “service call charge.”  If you believe the only solution you can offer is to terminate my services, I believe I will have no choice but to switch to Verizon/DirecTV who will not charge me a fee when their equipment fails, and who I'm sure will appreciate my business.  It's not about who has the lowest price, it's about principle. 

Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Bill Dispute - Comcast Threatening to Terminate My Acct for $40 Bogus Fee

I am going to assume that after the box was replaced On Demand started working for you.

IF this is the case, you should not have to pay the service charge fee.

From the XFINITY Customer Commitment (clickable link)

(this is mentioned in 2 points of the Customer Commitment. Some agents have no clue this exists.)

"We will resolve routine issues in one visit or we'll credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months.
 After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can't resolve a routine issue, we will credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months. Additionally, we won't charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem."

"We will quickly address any problem you experience.
If we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can't resolve the routine issue during the 30 days following the first visit to your home, we will extend a complimentary service to your account. Additionally, we won't charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem."

I have escalated your post to the forum official employees. An official employee will reply. Please check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them. Official employees authorized to post in the forum are higher up the ladder than phone agents.

Hopefully it will not take long for one to reply to you. In the meantime, if you are inclined to do so call Comcast again. Read the relevant portions of the Customer Commitment to the agent. It *might* work.

Yes, On Demand started working after he switched out the ancient box.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi, since this was our equipment that was causing the issue I will reverse this service charge for you, you will see it reflect on your next billing statement.

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Angry-Customer1, Since ComcastPhill is reversing the charge, I suggest you sign in to My Account as the primary user account (email address name).

Click the Billing & Payments tab.

Look over the page to see if the credit is reflected and if it is take a screenshot of the page and save it to your computer. This will be your proof that it was issued if for some reason the credit was not applied to your next bill.

If not there check back later as it may take a while to show up online.

Thank you both for helping to resolve this issue!

Official Employee

Glad to help, please let us know if you have any other questions and/or concerns.

Thank you

New Poster

Does anyone know how to reach a Live Chat person? It seems to be intermittent, one day I speak to a nice rep for 45 minutes, the next day I cannot even get in, it just "waiting for analyst". How can I talk to someone? 1-800-comcast is a joke!
H-E-L-PPPP!!!!
New Poster

Hello, is it possible to speak with an XFINITY rep at this time. I have called COMCAST a few times today, but the last time I called I got no answer. I also attempted reaching someone here at XFINITY.com for a CHAT SESSION online 4-5 times this evening, tonight and I'm desperately attempting to speak with someone again now. Yesterday, I was told that I could purchase a Debit Card and make a one-time payment today, but when I tried to reach an AGENT at XFINITY.com today, I only got a screen message stating "WAITING FOR AN AGENT - Should be a few minutes until I speak to an XFINITY rep", but I never got any answer nor any response of any kind and I waited between 10-20 minimum EACH time. That was over two (2) hours of waiting and filling out the forms with all of my information, etc.
Is there any way you might be able to tell me why I would not be able to reach an agent today?
I'm.extremely worried that I will not be able to post a payment before tomorrow's DEADLINE and if I cannot reach a agent how will I get that accomplished? I sat in a parking lot for hours attempting to contact someone herebat XFINITY.com. I was planning to enter the WALMART store to purchase a PREPAID Debit Card to PAY my bill, but I never could reach ANYONE, PERIOD.
IF, my cable does get disconnected today, I may never be able to get caught up, because the entire/ full bill will then be demanded and I do not have that amount today. I was planning to pay $221.00 today and $132.00 or more on the 1st of JUNE which is when I receive my DISABILITY CHECK and I can pay the balance. I apologize and Im very sorry, but I just cannot afford to pay the full amount today. But, I was told that as long as I call in and inform someone and make another arrangement, that I will be safe. If I cannot pay today without another interruption, then I'm afraid I may just have to forfeit the whole thing.

HOWEVER, that is NOT what I want to do. I would love for my account to be in good standing. I'd like to pay as much as possible and the entire balance the second I get my replacement VISA Card. I was told by the card company that I'd receive it in 8-10 DAYS and I applied for my new card on FRIDAY, JUNE 10. I can see now I should have paid the extra fee of $13.95 for RUSH MAILING. But, I had no idea that it would take more than 2 or 3 days. I should receive it today or tomorrow at the latest and when I do, I can guarantee I will be calling XFINITY withing minutes of receiving a new debit card. I have been so stressed and put through the wringer over this cable bill, that I never want this to happen again and I won't allow it to again.

Thank so so very much for your time. I apologize for this very long letter, but I felt that I had to explain things properly in order to receive proper assistance.

Sincerely,
<removed personal information>

Problem Solver

Hello TinaC22,

Your communication with us is very important. Upon review of your account I see that you were able to speak with a representative and our Escalations Resolution team is currently assigned to assist you. I have updated your ticket with this inquiry and a representative from that department will be in contact with you within 24 hours. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.  

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

We have huge fraud on our Comcast where they owe us 3,000.00 so far and we are working with fraud department and a superviouser from billing threaten our services if we do not pay for the fraud charges on our account! They legally can't do that!
Official Employee

Closed old thread