Community Forum

Beyond Frustrated

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Beyond Frustrated

I undertook yesterday to handle problems with a friend's account.  Every time she tries to deal with Comcast, she winds up in a state of anxiety and frustration.  Here's what happened to me.

Back on April 21st, she (my friend) decided that she was paying too much for services that she didn't need.  I contacted an agent and got a new plan.  She also purchased her own modem/router, which I successfully installed, and she returned the Comcast modem/router to the local Comcast office on April 23rd, where she was promised that the monthly $11 charge would disappear from her bill.

Yesterday, now over a week later, she checked her account status online, and none of the changes were reflected.  The monthly amount due was unchanged.  Now the fun begins.

I called customer support.  I got someone whose accent made it impossible for me to understand 60% of what he said.  He nevertheless said that "everything was alright".

Within 30 minutes of my hanging up, my friend got an email notice informing her that her next payment was due.  Guess what - same previous payment, nothing changed.

I immediately called Customer Support back again.  I got another person whose accent kept me from understanding nearly everything she said.    I asked to be transferred to an agent who spoke clear, unaccented English.  She said I would have to hang up and call customer support again.  So I asked her why my friend was being sent a bill that didn't reflect any of the changes in her account, the equipment, the services, and why the bill was unchanged.  In essence, I asked her why Comcast would send out an incorrect billing notice.  We went around and around, with her claiming that there were in essence two different places within the company that kept track of these things, and that the billing did not necessarily reflect the current state.  My question then remained - why would Comcast then send out an incorrect bill?  I still was having problems understanding this woman.  Since my friend has auto pay, I didn't want her account debited for any incorrect amount.  I made this clear to the agent, who then took it upon herself to cancel the auto pay feature.  I was livid!  I never asked that!  At that point I demanded to speak to her supervisor.  It took me three times to make that request before she turned me over to him.  Guess what?

He could not speak clear, unaccented English any better than she could.  We went around again and again, with him essentially telling me the same thing.  I think both he and the agent were reading from a script.  He wanted me to permit him to restore the auto pay feature.  I told him that his employee deleted it and that it was their responsibility to restore it.  I hung up, thoroughly disgusted.

I have been a Comcast customer for over 20 years, my friend for over 14 years.  I do not care where the customer support staff are located or who they are - they could be from Outer Mongolia for all I care.  But if Comcast is going to supply customer support for a primarily United States based clientele who speak English then they should hire and make available customer support personnel who can speak and understand clear, unaccented English.

Expert

Re: Beyond Frustrated

@aguadulce wrote:

I undertook yesterday to handle problems with a friend's account.  Every time she tries to deal with Comcast, she winds up in a state of anxiety and frustration.  Here's what happened to me.

Back on April 21st, she (my friend) decided that she was paying too much for services that she didn't need.  I contacted an agent and got a new plan.  She also purchased her own modem/router, which I successfully installed, and she returned the Comcast modem/router to the local Comcast office on April 23rd, where she was promised that the monthly $11 charge would disappear from her bill.

Yesterday, now over a week later, she checked her account status online, and none of the changes were reflected.  The monthly amount due was unchanged.  Now the fun begins.

I called customer support.  I got someone whose accent made it impossible for me to understand 60% of what he said.  He nevertheless said that "everything was alright".

Within 30 minutes of my hanging up, my friend got an email notice informing her that her next payment was due.  Guess what - same previous payment, nothing changed.

I immediately called Customer Support back again.  I got another person whose accent kept me from understanding nearly everything she said.    I asked to be transferred to an agent who spoke clear, unaccented English.  She said I would have to hang up and call customer support again.  So I asked her why my friend was being sent a bill that didn't reflect any of the changes in her account, the equipment, the services, and why the bill was unchanged.  In essence, I asked her why Comcast would send out an incorrect billing notice.  We went around and around, with her claiming that there were in essence two different places within the company that kept track of these things, and that the billing did not necessarily reflect the current state.  My question then remained - why would Comcast then send out an incorrect bill?  I still was having problems understanding this woman.  Since my friend has auto pay, I didn't want her account debited for any incorrect amount.  I made this clear to the agent, who then took it upon herself to cancel the auto pay feature.  I was livid!  I never asked that!  At that point I demanded to speak to her supervisor.  It took me three times to make that request before she turned me over to him.  Guess what?

He could not speak clear, unaccented English any better than she could.  We went around again and again, with him essentially telling me the same thing.  I think both he and the agent were reading from a script.  He wanted me to permit him to restore the auto pay feature.  I told him that his employee deleted it and that it was their responsibility to restore it.  I hung up, thoroughly disgusted.

I have been a Comcast customer for over 20 years, my friend for over 14 years.  I do not care where the customer support staff are located or who they are - they could be from Outer Mongolia for all I care.  But if Comcast is going to supply customer support for a primarily United States based clientele who speak English then they should hire and make available customer support personnel who can speak and understand clear, unaccented English.

Are you authorized to handle her account?  In other words, has she called in and told Customer Service that you are authorized to handle any account changes?  If not, then changes won't be made.

Also, if any changes were made around the time the billing statement was generated, they won't show up until the next billing statement.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Changes were made with her full knowledge and support - Comcast called her and she gave them her permission for me to handle her account.  And the changes were mad 12 days after the previous bill.

Admin1

Hi aguadulce -- The information provided by Again is correct. It sounds like what you're seeing with the bill is as he described, that since these changes were made during your billing cycle they wouldn't show until the next bill prints. I can verify this for you if you'd like. Please send me a PM with your full name, the account holders full name, the full service address, and either the account number or linked phone number. I'll be able to tell you what's happening with your friend's billing. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!