Community Forum

Better Deals for Existing Customers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Better Deals for Existing Customers

This obviously isn't a new problem on these boards, but I am irate.

I have had Comcast Internet, on my own, for 2 years. I had a similar problem, last year, and even before when I had cable and internet with my ex-husband. Every year, prices for the exact same service go up, and when I contact Comcast to see about a resolution, I get the same unhelpful response, "your promotional pricing has ended, but you are still getting a great deal with this bundle." There is no logical reason why an existing customer should expereince a $25/month increase in a bill (this time - it has been as high as a $50/month increase when I had cable services, as well), and have to spend hours on the internet and on the phone with your representatives, trying to get in contact with one person who actually understands logic, reasoning, and the basics of customer service.

In my opinion, loyal, existing customers should be the ones who get the better pricing structures and deals. Your representatives shouldn't rely on bait and switch sales techniques, that end up with an upset customer, and back in the same argument year after year. How about reasonable pricing that is locked in for the entirity of the contract? How about having your representatives actually offer solutions to your customers, rather than let it escalate to the point that a customer is shopping for alternatives to your services?

Admin1

Re: Better Deals for Existing Customers

Hi kelmo1388 -- I can help with your account rates. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will look at what offers we have available to you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Please contact me.  My rate just went up from $50 per month to $69.

New Poster

I go thru the same thing every year.  We've been customers at this address for 34 years, plus several years at other addresses.  Recently spoke with a Rep, and the promotion he gave me was the same thing we get in mailings.  Would only save us about $5/mo., and gives us a bunch of equipment and services we don't want or need.  Without a promotion, our cable bill would be more than all our utilities combined. We're already paying too much for what we watch.  I agree, Comcast doesn't seem to care about long-time customers.  We're thinking about AT&T. 

New Poster

My bill has gone up 25.00 a month, I have received a better deal from my phone bill carrier. Why does Comcast offer better pricing for me customer then exsisiting. I can not afford to pay a 200.00 cable bill with no premium channels

Official Employee

Hello Howi111. We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your account.