Community Forum

Being charged for services I didn't request

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Being charged for services I didn't request

Roughly a week ago, I chatted with a rep about getting a STB which will support 2160 (4k) resolution. She mentioned the X1 and during the chat I asked multiple times what charges if any would be associated with changing to the new STB. She assured me multiple time that the only charge would be the $15 to have the new STB shipped and that the X1 is covered as part of the standard packeage. I get the STB pretty quickly, set it up, return the original STB and all is good. BTW I have really enjoyed Xfinity since leaving Fios.

Today I receive an email stating changeds to my account are approved, which I found odd since I didn't authorize any changes. When I login I foind new equipment charges and a DVR service charge per month. I'm now very angry because I tried to avoid this. I get in touch with another rep this evening and explain I have an issue with this entire situation. He explains that she was wrong and that there is a charge for the STB and the service. When I asked him if the service could be disabled as I was never interested or asked for DVR service, he essentially said there is nothing he can do and that now that I have the STb I should just try to use and enjoy it. I expaliend I would be happy to if he waived the fees. He stated this was not possible and that now I would need to take the new STB back to a ser ice center that they would be able to work on refunding the shipping charges.

So in summary, I will now have to be put out by making two trips to remove a service I never asked for only to get thedowngraded service I originally had. I am only looking for support for the beter resolution. Help please???? make me a happy Xfinity customer again please.

Official Employee

Re: Being charged for services I didn't request

Hi klnaco12345, I am showing you talked to an agent after writing this post.  Please let me know if you are still in need of assistance.

Thank you