Community Forum

Being charged for Comcast rental equipment I turned in months ago

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Being charged for Comcast rental equipment I turned in months ago

I'm beyond livid as this point. I turned in my comcast equipment months ago, contacted customer service, and had them walk through the process of setting up a Netgear modem I purchased. Now, once a month, comcast sends me a message saying they've made a change to my account and that they need to charge me $11 for a modem I already turned in and they've already registered the new modem. I call support, they tell me they have to send the issue to a research department - days goes by - I call back and they say everything is good, they transfer me to billing and they remove the $11 charge. I'm sick of doing this every month. I don't work for comcast, I shouldn't be wasting my time dealing with this. As the customer, I did my part. I bought my own modem, I turned in the old one, and I registered my new modem with you. That should be the end of it for me. At this point it seems the only way I can avoid a false $11 charge that I have to call in to deal with is to cancel my service with comcast???

Admin1

Re: Being charged for Comcast rental equipment I turned in months ago

Hi JohnJDoe -- I can help you with that modem charge. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number for authentication. I'll review your account and get any charges removed for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Yes, they're doing the same with my account! I turned my equipment in months ago and happen to see the charge reappear again a month later. I followed all  the instructions given for turning in the equipment and up to this day I am still being charged. It's a ripoff, will cancel...only two months to go.

Admin1

Hi franke1 -- I can offer you the same assistance as JohnJDoe. Please send me a PM with the same information I requested from JohnDJoe and I'll help you out. 

New Poster

Since December 2017, I have had this same problem with billing charges for a Comcast/Xfinity modem that I do not have. The supervisor in the local office is incompetent and condescending to customers to hide her inability to resolve issues. No information is provided when asked so so I could contact a regional supervisor. Comcast/Xfinity is a ghost company for customer service beyond the local office. I do not want to talk to someone in India, the Philipines, etc.