Community Forum

Being Charged for a Modem I Own

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Being Charged for a Modem I Own

Several years ago, I bought a Comcast-approved modem at BestBuy. I returned my Comcast modem then. I continue to get a charge for rental, talk to customer service, the charge is removed, only to have it reappear later. I called CS last week. They escalated it, but nothing has been done. What is my next step?
Official Employee

Re: Being Charged for a Modem I Own

Hi ScottLangford, 

I can look further into this for you. I'd like to start by seeing if I can locate the escalation that was previously created for you. If I'm unable to or if it's been closed, I can collect a few pieces of information and create an equipment research ticket to have this taken care of.

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.