Community Forum

Awful service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Awful service

I have tried working with Comcast customer support, more specifically Samuel D from Florida Executive Regulatory Customer Relations. I have for many months been dealing with constantly dropping service (about 10 to 15 times a day at least!). I have had technicians come out, contacted CS, MANY TIMES AND NO RESOLUTION. Why am i paying over 200 dollars a month on service that works 20 percent of the time.. or less!
I have changed the modems in my house, used their modem, even changed the cables and splitters, and used no splitter at all. Still no change, just more crappy service. Not sure where to go next, already have a case open with BBB, any other suggestions to get them to deliver the service I pay for? Also seeking a refund (which I doubt they'll give) for all this wasted money.
Expert

Re: Awful service

The CS reps can't help you until your BBB complaint is resolved. 

I may be able to at least point you in the right direction though. I'll need a little more information. 

See: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

What exact equipment do you have? Make/model? Pls post your signal levels (up/down/SNR) and your error/event log.  Can you tell me more about what's happening exactly? Are you on WI-Fi? Connected via ethernet? What are the lights doing on your modem when you the issues happen. What did the techs do to resolve your issue?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The CS exec was the one who conaltacted me in regards to the opening of the case to "get my issue resolved", but has not responded to any emails or phone calls and keeps trying to get the BBB to close the complaint without Comcast doing anything to resolve it which is b.s.
I have swapped between 2 Motorola surfboards (SB6141) and Comcast's modem/router as well. With the service being currently out I can't get full accurate data, but the modem is reporting a DS SNR- 37db and US/DS power level of 57/9 dBmV.
The issue occurs across multiple modems, wireless or connected. The technicians have been out several times, most recently ran new lines from the breakout box to the house but the problem remains unresolved. Once I can get a connection back then I can start a log capture to post of what happens when I lose service like normal and not a full area dropout
Expert

Apix2040 wrote:
US/DS power level of 57/9 dBmV.

Alright, so your issue is your upstream power is maxed out. Those levels are way off. If your downstream is 9 dB, I'd expect your upstream to be in the low 40 dB range. If I was your tech I would check the levels at the side of your house. If the levels look good there, then I'd look for a problem in your house. If the problem still exists at the side of the house, then I'd check the levels at the tap. If the levels are good at the tap, then the line to the house (the drop) gets replaced. If the levels are bad at the tap, then Comcast's Maintenance department needs to take a look. 

If you want to get this resolved quickly, I'd suggest you close out the BBB complaint. Then we can get a corporate employee to take a look at your account and get someone out there to fix it.  

If/when you are ready to escalate the complaint, feel free to send me a private message (click my username and then private message me) and I'll ask a corporate employee to help you. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

This is my signal with an actual connection to Comcast, not just it ponging and trying to connect from the outage
Screenshot_20171011-064332.png
Expert

Can you post your error/event logs too pls? Is there a router involved?

Frequent Visitor

I'll grab those when I get home from work. Yes I have a router with this current config. After the same symptoms were reproduced on multiple set ups with all different hardware, I ruled out the likelihood of multiple hardware failures presenting the same symptoms
Frequent Visitor

logs.png

It had reset while i was at work, it says it has only been active for 7 hrs 

Official Employee

Hi Apix2040, 

I'd like to review your concerns further. In order for me to review your account and the tickets you've had created, please verify the following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.