Community Forum

Autopay failure, returned payment, late charge two months later?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Autopay failure, returned payment, late charge two months later?

I opened my account less than 3 months ago, paid the $1 that they charge when they send out the box, and then set up autopay with the same account used to pay the $1 (which successfully went through) and find out the payment was returned (did not have a chance to pay again that month because they never told me it didnt go through). There was enough money in the bank account to pay it so there is no reason why the payment should have been returned. The next month rolls around and the amount due is from the first and second month. I paid this, set up autopay, and the website says I paid the $117 for that month and the previous month (no late charge yet from the previous month). Now I got my third month bill and it says I only paid $59 from the month before and now am charged a late fee from the first month, which means I will probably get another late fee next month. This does not make any sense, I tried to chat with customer service but they have no idea what they are doing. Not sure what I should do, am thinking about just cancelling the service because I did not have to deal with this with any other utilities.

Expert

Re: Autopay failure, returned payment, late charge two months later?

@anon1231 wrote:

I opened my account less than 3 months ago, paid the $1 that they charge when they send out the box, and then set up autopay with the same account used to pay the $1 (which successfully went through) and find out the payment was returned (did not have a chance to pay again that month because they never told me it didnt go through). There was enough money in the bank account to pay it so there is no reason why the payment should have been returned. The next month rolls around and the amount due is from the first and second month. I paid this, set up autopay, and the website says I paid the $117 for that month and the previous month (no late charge yet from the previous month). Now I got my third month bill and it says I only paid $59 from the month before and now am charged a late fee from the first month, which means I will probably get another late fee next month. This does not make any sense, I tried to chat with customer service but they have no idea what they are doing. Not sure what I should do, am thinking about just cancelling the service because I did not have to deal with this with any other utilities.

If you're in a contract you will end up paying early termination fees if you cancel.

Autopay does not kick in until the 2nd or 3rd bill after setup, which is probably what you've run into.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.