Community Forum

Autopay date cannot or will not be chaged

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Autopay date cannot or will not be chaged

As a senior citizen and a recipiant of Soc Sec. on the 3rd. and VA Compensation on the first, I have tried every means imaginal to have autopay deducted on the 1st of the month or shortly thereafter. I even formally requested it when I renewed my two year contract. The only answer i get is that the computer is programed to take my payment on the 24th or later, leaving me a large bill right when I have the least money. The "computer" cannot be changed. The only way to change the date is to fire comcast and then sign up again on the first. This seems rediculous to me. Who runs the procedure at Comcast, the managers or the computer. If I don't use autopay, I have to pay more when every penny counts. I would like an executive in this company to tell me straight out why the Computers are in charge.

Expert

Re: Autopay date cannot or will not be chaged

@pphil1 wrote:

As a senior citizen and a recipiant of Soc Sec. on the 3rd. and VA Compensation on the first, I have tried every means imaginal to have autopay deducted on the 1st of the month or shortly thereafter. I even formally requested it when I renewed my two year contract. The only answer i get is that the computer is programed to take my payment on the 24th or later, leaving me a large bill right when I have the least money. The "computer" cannot be changed. The only way to change the date is to fire comcast and then sign up again on the first. This seems rediculous to me. Who runs the procedure at Comcast, the managers or the computer. If I don't use autopay, I have to pay more when every penny counts. I would like an executive in this company to tell me straight out why the Computers are in charge.

I responded to your other thread here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.