Community Forum

Attention: Customer Experience

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Attention: Customer Experience

<Edited> 

Over the past week, I have had a customer experience that I hope and believe would make you cringe, starting with my Internet connection being severed (broke the threaded connection off of the tap) and unreported by a tech-in-training installing service at my neighbor's home.  The same techs also left the entire original drop and other wires laying across the neighbor’s yard when they left.  My internet service stopped working within a few minutes of the techs going up the pole.

I have spent hours on the phone and in chat with "agents" who urged me REPEATEDLY to unplug and replug my modem and reverse the coax (while I understand the psychology behind this request, I am also smart enough to know that coaxial cable is bidirectional), insisted that I be home to solve a problem that was so blatantly obviously on the pole, almost assuredly lied to me about the fact that another tech checked the outside connection the day after the outage began (the problem was clearly visible from the ground - I have pictures - he or she COUNDN'T have missed it if they had been there), completely creeped out by a phone agent named "Kenny" who repeatedly told me how sad it was that I was sitting home all alone without internet and nothing to do (why would he think that I was or live alone?), was told that it was a server problem but that I needed to take off work to be home so that they could fix it (I have no servers in my home and your techs have diagnostic network adaptors in their trucks).

My issue was elevated to a Level 2 and given a direct number to call and a CR case number.  When I called, the automated gatekeeper would not recognize my case number or the phone number on my account and would not let me reach them. If I can compliment you on anything, it is the magnificently impenetrable barrier that keeps XFINITY customers from reaching anyone who might actually be able to help them self-solve a problem that can't be cured by unplugging the modem.

The only saving grace was an XFINITY residential tech who came to my house last night, who diagnosed the problem within 2 minutes of arriving at my home and had it working again that evening.  His name is Chris and he was professional, competent, thorough, nice, sane, and effective. The issue is now solved and for the first time In years I am getting the actual throughput I am paying for most of the time.  Notwithstanding my now-working internet, there are technical and customer service issues that need desperately to be solved if I am going to remain a Comcast customer in the future.

This is just a small tasting of my awful experience and I would like to share the rest and I would like someone to contact me who has the authority to address these problems, not a frontline agent that may or may not file a report (their integrity is certainly suspect at this point in my experience) that may or may not ever be seen or responded to.  I have been a Comcast customer for many years and my customer experience, after an initial two-week delay in getting working service because a tech left a trap on the line in my house distribution box, has been pretty decent, but this past week has been a game changer in my commitment to and recommendation of Comcast.

Completely separately, I would like to share my very positive experience with Chris, the tech who came to my house and resolved the issue last evening. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Attention: Customer Experience

Hello jeepjohn. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience and for any frustration caused. I can help make sure feedback is provided for the Technician and chat agent you mentioned. We also thank you for leaving the positive feedback about the recent take who fixed your issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can begin the process for submitting feedback for these employees.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!