Community Forum

Are these Forums REAL or Just for Public Relations? 3 Reasons from New Forum User Experience

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Are these Forums REAL or Just for Public Relations? 3 Reasons from New Forum User Experience

Are these forums real or just for public relations?

3 Reasons for this question are:

1. Posted first question on forum here as to why xfinity doesn't value existing customers enough to provide them access to all their offers; including ofers made to new customers?

2. Some Team from Denver answered, and someone designated my post ast Answered, but it was not me - the person asking the question.

3. Reached out thru personal message to denver team truejoe (or something like that) as requested with my personal info, and no response back?

Real or just public relations. If it's public relations, would highly suggest their senior team looks at case studies of companies that have not payed "real" attention to customer service in highly competitive industries, getting more competitive daily with new offerings from giants telephone and search engine corporations - amont others. 

Brand loyalty is not an easy to get back, so don't loose it by valuing your existing customers now - before the real competition for internet high speed starts.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Are these Forums REAL or Just for Public Relations? 3 Reasons from New Forum User Experience

Good question , Idk. 

It would be nice if folks replied to their posts if they were actually helped in some way.

but at least this is a place we can share our own misery and read about the misery of our fellow customers and know that we are not alone.

often When companies get to this size I call em the beast.

id like to read forums for the employees as well lol , Bet a company that treats their customers this bad treats their employees worse sadly.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Are these Forums REAL or Just for Public Relations? 3 Reasons from New Forum User Experience

Three days after posting this latest post,

5HomesCustomer wrote:

1. Posted first question on forum here as to why xfinity doesn't value existing customers enough to provide them access to all their offers; including ofers made to new customers?

2. Some Team from Denver answered, and someone designated my post ast Answered, but it was not me - the person asking the question.

3. Reached out thru personal message to denver team truejoe (or something like that) as requested with my personal info, and no response back?

Real or just public relations. If it's public relations, would highly suggest their senior team looks at case studies of companies that have not payed "real" attention to customer service in highly competitive industries, getting more competitive daily with new offerings from giants telephone and search engine corporations - amont others. 

Brand loyalty is not an easy to get back, so don't loose it by valuing your existing customers now - before the real competition for internet high speed starts.

I am now thinking these FORUMS ARE NOT REAL...no response yet, and the last one...someone marked as ANSWERED, but it wasn't me - SO WHY is xfinity wasting its customers TIME WITH THESE?

Expert

5HomesCustomer wrote:

Kind of a silly question. Just take a quick look at the CS forums, there are hundres and hudreds of replies by actual employees. You can tell they are employees becuase their usernames are red. 

And it was answered by an employee.

Any employee, mod or OP can designate an asnwer as "the best answer".

It happens some time. @ComcastJoeTru may have simply missed your message. Nobody is perfect. Just send him another message.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

5HomesCustomer wrote:

Kind of a silly question. Just take a quick look at the CS forums, there are hundres and hudreds of replies by actual employees. You can tell they are employees becuase their usernames are red.

And it was answered by an employee.

Any employee, mod or OP can designate an asnwer as "the best answer".

It happens some time. @ComcastJoeTru may have simply missed your message. Nobody is perfect. Just send him another message.

Your snide answers are a clear indication that you have not experienced the level of frustration that the VAST MAJORITY of Comcast customers have. I too did not appreciate a question of mine being marked “answered” when it was NOT. Not even close to being answered. Are you trying to say that “the best answer” being decided by a employee is supposed to appease us? When someone is upset and needs help or REAL answers your patronizing attitude is best kept to yourself. If you aren’t actually going to HELP the person than maybe just don’t comment.
Expert

I agree the way "Best Answer" as used by Mods and Employees in 2107 has caused many posters to think they have no intention to really Solve (replaced by "Best answer") the Original Poster's (OP) problem or complaint. It may have seemed to be a way to end posts that Comcast wasn't able to handle at the time of the complaint, but Comcast should be willing to let members of the forum give alternate methods to solve problems when Comcast clearly can't handle the problem.

It used to be that the OP had the option to click the option chosen as Solved (now "Best Answer") back to "Unsolved". It would allow members a chance to continue offering suggestions on the original post. Going back to letting the OP have the final say would go a long way to ending a lot of frustration posters currently have with this forum and Comcast.

An unsolved post is going to disappear in past pages within a few weeks anyway if no one can come up with a good suggestion for the poster. That is the way it works for most forums.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

NerdBurg,

Thanks, but "kind of a silly question?"

Did you drink the company KoolAid?

I did look at the postings, and while there many like mine about the treatment of existing customers, most had no real answers provided.

If you are looking for technical help, maybe they provide a solution,but not for this type of very specific topic -

Why not treat existing customers better by providing us all with access to the same promotions offered to new customers?

Competition from high speed internet providers like FIOS, Google Fiber  and others is here -

A little bit of customer loyalty by Xfinity now will go a long way to keeping many existing customers as the others offer new customer promotions.

Therefore, "Silly question?" No. "Smart, Timely and Strategic Question. Yes. 

Expert

MNtundraRET wrote:

I agree the way "Best Answer" as used by Mods and Employees in 2107 has caused many posters to think they have no intention to really Solve (replaced by "Best answer") the Original Poster's (OP) problem or complaint. It may have seemed to be a way to end posts that Comcast wasn't able to handle at the time of the complaint, but Comcast should be willing to let members of the forum give alternate methods to solve problems when Comcast clearly can't handle the problem.

Mods/employees usually don't mark a post as solved/best answer - they prefer to let the customer do so. In some cases, they do so if they feel the best answer was provided. The idea is so that other customers with the same issues can quickly find an answer -it's a core function of the forums. For example, if someone asks "What happened to the Weather Scan channel? How can I get it back?" and someone replies with "It's been discontinued"...that is the "best answer" because that's what happened to the Weather Scan channel. It does not necessarily mean that the issue was "solved", it's just the best current answer available. 

Expert

This is turning into a discussion/debate, which is not the purpose of these Forums.  Therefore, this thread is now locked.

FWIW, nerdburg provided answers to the questions, but none of them were requiring technical support.