Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Anyroom DVR duplicate fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Anyroom DVR duplicate fee

Hi all - I just tried asking this question over a chat with customer service, but didn't get very far - they basically agreed the wording on the bill is confusing. I'm hoping someone here can help. We're enrolled in the 'X1 Starter Extreme Tpl' under a 36 month contract. The charge for this service shows up in the "bundled services" section of the bill and the description reads "Includes Digital Starter, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, Anyroom DVR With Access To On Demand Programming, Extreme 250 Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited". The way I read this, Anyroom DVR is included in my bundled services price.

But then, under the "Additional TV Services" section of the bill, we're again billed for "Anyroom DVR" for $10. I don't understand this charge - it appears to be a duplicate charge since our bundle already includes anyroom DVR. Also, we were not billed for this charge for the first few months of our contract (in 2016) and it just showed up for the first time in January 2017. 

Has anyone else seen this on their statement? Am I being double charged? If I'm not being double charged and these fees are appropriate, can someone explain to me the difference in these fees and what each service is that I'm paying for?

Thank you in advance!

Meghan

Official Employee

Re: Anyroom DVR duplicate fee

Hello meghan4321. I can review your account and billing to confirm if your billing is correct or needs an adjustment. I will need to access your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can take a look. 

Official Employee

Thank you, for the information. I checked your account and changed the code for the DVR service. I sent you details in a private message. 

New Poster

I too have noticed on my bill that I have a any room DVR fee and I’m charged an additional fee for the second room. Why would there be an additional charge to watch something in a second room when you’re already paying for “any room DVR service”?