Community Forum

Another hard credit check issue...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Another hard credit check issue...

I went into a Comcast store and signed up for high-speed Internet. The person I was working with specifically used the term "soft check" when they ran my credit to see if I would need to put down a deposit (I did not). I wish I had just given the person a deposit, because the "soft" check was actually a hard check that has now shown up on my credit report. Aside from this not being specifically stated by Comcast at all, the sales clerk either doesn't know what he is talking about or he lied. I am looking at buying a new home, and I fear this will cause an issue. Is there a way to remove this check or mask it at least?

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Another hard credit check...

Hi JVII,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get internet. I can't make any promises, but I can reach out to see if we can have this information masked. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!