Community Forum

Agreed to a price but being charged $29.61 more per month

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Agreed to a price but being charged $29.61 more per month

Hi, 

On December 5, 2017, I agreed to a price with Comcast for service of $89.99 for the XF Starter Bundle, with the estimated total monthly costs being $151.02 (see screenshot below).  For the past two months, I have been billed $114.95 for the XF Starter Bundle, resulting in a total monthly cost of $180.63, $29.61 more than what I agreed to per month.  I just spoke to someone from Comcast on the phone and they said they could not honor this price and would not allow me to email my confirmation regarding this price. 

I am very dissappointed with this service and as a result I have requested to disconnect my service in two weeks as I will switch to Verizon Fios.  I really like Xfinity and would like to remain a customer if someone can help resolve this billing issue for me, but if not I'm afraid I will be switching.

xfinity_confirmation.JPG

Expert

Re: Agreed to a price but being charged $29.61 more per month

If you're in a contract for 2 years, expect to pay an early termination fee of around $220.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

My contract was from 2015 to 2017, all the legal documents are from 2015.  That contract ran out and my bill went up, so I called and asked for a better price, at which point I thought I had a new contract at $89.99/month as you can see from the email confirmation.  Apparently that email confirmation is meaningless.

Official Employee

Hi mikeb9, 

I can review your billing concerns. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!