Community Forum

Address i want to transfer service to says is unrecognized

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Address i want to transfer service to says is unrecognized

I just spoke to customer service via chat and phone about transferring service when I move in two weeks...It's to an apartment. They found the address of the building itself but said it was a business address...The apartment is residential...But they were not able to find the apartment at all. I was told to call customer service and talk to them on the phone about changing the address to residential which I cant do as I don't own the building) and they need to register the apt itself. That all sounds strange. Hs anyone else ever run across something like this?

New Poster

Re: Address i want to transfer service to says is unrecognized

I should add also that the new address is right around the corner from where i am now...

Official Employee

Re: Address i want to transfer service to says is unrecognized

Hi daewon5261973, 

I can help by submitting a serviceability request with your local Tech Ops team to see if we can have the new address serviced. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number and account number associated with your current services in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!