Community Forum

Additional fees not advertised

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Additional fees not advertised

A few months ago I upgraded from analog cable to digital cable.  Upon browsing through the brochure that came w/ my self install kits I found a package that included digital cable, internet, and HBO and would only cost an additional $5.  I called customer service and signed up.  Two months later my bill doubled.  I called customer service and was told that there are additional fees for the package (a $30/month per tv signal charge)and that I should refer to the brochure and read the fine print.  I found the brochure and the fine print says the package doesn't include converter and/or modem rental.  There is nothing stating that I have pay a signal charge.  I called customer service again and they want me to bring the brochure to the office. 

Has anyone ever had this problem?    

New Poster

Re: Additional fees not advertised

Aparently Comcast adding fees without providing advance information is SOP. Ijust signed up for phone TV and HS internet for 99 a month. Qhen I ordered the service I specifically asked if there were any equipment rental fees and was told that there are none. Bill shows up...$3.00 modem rental fee ! When I called I was told that I needed this modem to get HS internet and phone over the cable...duh ? I also aparently need a set top box too but there isn't a rental fee for that. Frankly, Comcast created a ton of bad feelings for a stupid 3.00 a month. Why wouldn't they simply make the package price 102 ? Because it sounds like more than 99 does.

I'm going to call my local consumer reporter radio show and complain. This bad will will end up costing a lot more than 3 bucks a month !

Gold Problem Solver

OnEdge wrote:

Aparently Comcast adding fees without providing advance information is SOP. Ijust signed up for phone TV and HS internet for 99 a month. Qhen I ordered the service I specifically asked if there were any equipment rental fees and was told that there are none. Bill shows up...$3.00 modem rental fee ! When I called I was told that I needed this modem to get HS internet and phone over the cable...duh ? I also aparently need a set top box too but there isn't a rental fee for that. Frankly, Comcast created a ton of bad feelings for a stupid 3.00 a month. Why wouldn't they simply make the package price 102 ? Because it sounds like more than 99 does.

I'm going to call my local consumer reporter radio show and complain. This bad will will end up costing a lot more than 3 bucks a month !

Not everyone rents their modem from Comcast.   Some people provide their own cable modem.   In that case, they would not incur the $3 monthly charge.

Frankly, I don't mind the $3/mo because if the modem goes bad, I just drive to our local Comcast office (about 10 mins away) and get a replacement modem.    That's a lot better than paying our of my own pocket for a new cable modem.

JR

New Poster

I wish to emphasize that the $3.00 per month isn't the issue as much as the fact that I was lied to by the person I spoke to when I ordered the service. Because I asked if there were any equipment rental fes and was told no.

Plus, everyone at Comcast knows that a special modem is required when you hsve cable, phone and high speed internet therefore to offer a package of the three then tack a $3.00 rental fee on top just isn't right. To m y way of thinking I need a set top box for every TV how come I'm not getting charged a rental for any of this equipment? This is just an example of extremely poor customer service/relationship.