Community Forum

Account Owner Transfer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Account Owner Transfer

I bought Comcast internet service for when I was living with my parents.  The account, for some reason, went under my name and my dad's name (assuming becasue he previously had cable which was cancelled around the same time).   I transferred service to my new address when I moved out around 2014. 

The bills continue to say "<my name> & <my dad's name>".  I tried to ask representatives in the past about the issue while I was addressing other issues.  The summary was that there was nothing to be done over the phone and suggested that I go to the nearest Xfinity store to have it resolved.  Being honest, I got frustrated over the other issue, I just let this one drop.  I get that it is for privacy issues, but is there a way to remove my dad's name and just keep me as the account owner?  I don't think it's fair to continue to have his name on it and he has no financial responsibility for it (I have always paid the bill).  The closest Xfinity store to us is an hour away so that is not a reasonable option. 

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Account Owner Transfer

He does have financial responsibility, being joint account holder. The equipment and bills are tied to him, (and you, from what you state) So both parties have to go in to a service center with IDs to remove one or other. Just because this is an inconvenience, doesn't make the process incorrect.
It would be like somebody cosigning for a car, then the owner wants to remove the cosigner but doesn't understand why they can't without giving the car back.