Community Forum

A senior citizen building with the only connection to Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

A senior citizen building with the only connection to Comcast

My mother lives in a senior building.  The only ISP Provider that she can get is Comcast (Xfinity).  She is on a fixed income and loves watching certain shows.  I stated to her to hook up her cable and internet.  She is paying $155 a month, which is half her rent and ridiculous.  This is sad that this has to happen and she can't get another cheaper ISP within her building.  She's paying more than me and I live in a home and have three rooms set up.  She only has one set up. There should be a special rate for seniors.  Another tenant got rid of his because it was too expensive.  I'm going to have to start paying the bill for her or she will delete her service.  Please help, because I feel that the seniors are being taken advantage of.  

Official Employee

Re: A senior citizen building with the only connection to Comcast

Hello ygerman. I can assist with a review of lower priced offers available to your mothers account. I'll just need to access your mothers account, and you will have to be authorized on the account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, your mothers full name, her service address, and her account number so I can assist you. 

Expert

Re: A senior citizen building with the only connection to Comcast

ygerman wrote:

My mother lives in a senior building.  The only ISP Provider that she can get is Comcast (Xfinity).  She is on a fixed income and loves watching certain shows.  I stated to her to hook up her cable and internet.  She is paying $155 a month, which is half her rent and ridiculous...

Have you considered getting her an over-the-air digital antenna? That might help her reduce her costs some. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!