Community Forum

A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what to do?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what to do?

Hi - My husband and I have had Comcast services for many years.  On June 2, 2017 I called to redo my bundle (Internet/Phone/TV) as I needed to decrease my bill.  My new bundle was done and I was billed exactly as quoted with fees for the July billing date.  When I got the billing for August it had gone up approximately $25.  $10 was for one month of rent on an inactive piece of equipment (internet/voice) which I was told is a modem rental.  And an additional charge of $13.33 for 41 days before that when I got the new bundle.  BUT I had never been billed for this during my past billings.  We do not have any old equipment!  I spoke with Paula about this a couple of times.  She was trying to figure this out but assured me the charges would be taken off.  September billing date:  charge still on for September and no credit for the last bill.  What should I do now?  Have never had this problem with Comcast Xfinity before.

Official Employee

Re: A mistaken charge (inactive internet/voice equipment and an additional adjustment) and what t...

Hello paulsueoz67. I can assist with reviewing the prorated charges on your bill after the changes were made. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.