Community Forum

9 days since first scheduled install, still do not have services

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

9 days since first scheduled install, still do not have services

I have been trying to have services installed since August 11.

That first day they came out and said the pole needed to be fixed.  Fine.  Was supposed to get a call back within 24 hours.  No call. 

I called customer service Monday and was told to wait to hear from someone.  Did not hear from anyone. 

Called back the next day-Tuesday.  Scheduled for pole to be fixed Aug. 14, with home install next day, Aug 15. 

August 15, installer informs me pole has not been fixed, that the 'wrong pole was fixed'.  Customer Service reschedules me for Friday 1pm.  I talk to customer service all morning and at 11:45 get verification from supervisor Rasheed that someone will be there to do the install, as i have to take off of work to go home and be there.  NO ONE SHOWS UP OR CALLS. 

An hour after my appointment window closes, Comcast calls me and tells me that no one will be coming today... Oh really??  She gives me free movie channels and a $20 credit on my bill for my 'inconveniences'.  Reschedules me for Saturday, August 17 at 8am. 

August 17- installer shows up at 9:15.  Tells me our house (new build) is not wired for cable.  He can't do that job.  He waits on hold for 45 minutes with Comcast to reschedule my appointment.  Reschedules for Monday, August 19 at 8am. 

Monday, August 19.  Installer arrives and says trunk line is not working.  They will need to get bucket truck out to fix pole.  Tech states that this problem can only be resolved by going down to the Comcast physical address (Max Luther Dr) in Huntsville and speaking to a supervisor.  Otherwise, "this will just keep happening".  Spoke to customer service and she told me that was not correct, and she scheduled bucket truck to come out to fix pole on Tuesday, August 20 and install the following day, Wednesday, August 21. 

Tell her I want confirmation that the pole has been fixed before I take off work AGAIN for an install on Wednesday.  She tells me she makes a note for the techs to leave a note on my door indicating that the pole was fixed.  Later that afternoon, her supervisor (Rasheed) calls me to make excuses about why no one showed up on Friday.  I don't care, I just want to confirm that the bucket truck WILL be out tomorrow to fix the pole, as install is scheduled for Wednesday and pole MUST BE FIXED PRIOR TO INSTALL.  Rasheed says this will definitely be taken care of tomorrow and that he will personally call and let me know that it has been done. 

Tuesday, August 20- get message on phone that I have an outstanding amount owed and if I do not pay this by 8pm, my services will be cancelled.  This is not correct- I have date of transaction that I paid Comcast the $50.00

Call Customer Service and she confirms that I do have a $50.00 credit, that I do not owe anything. 

Ask about confirming bucket truck appointment today, and she tells me she has no notes relating to that.  Ask to speak to supervisor.  She instead transfers me to a voicemail. 

I call back and am on hold for another 40 minutes before speaking to another rep.  He says it looks like someone went by my house at 8:40 this morning and noted "customer not home"- yes, because multiple reps told me I did NOT need to be home in order for them to fix the pole. 

Also, if they needed to speak to me, why did I not get a call? 

He tells me to go home and check and see if they left a note on my door.  I leave work, go home, no note.  The rep also tells me someone will be calling me back within 30 minutes.  No call.

I call customer service again and am on hold for awhile, then talk to someone who can't tell me if the truck will be out today or not-- she "doesn't have access to dispatch information". 

She reads me her notes she is making and keeps saying "She (me) wants pole fixed today."  I correct her several times, saying that it's not only me WANTING it fixed today, that it was SCHEDULED to be fixed today. 

I need confirmation that the pole has been fixed before i take off work AGAIN for an install that can't happen (or for someone who doesn't show up).

She says she puts this in her notes.  I am not satisfied with the lack of answers, and ask to speak to a supervisor.  I am now on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor, and have been on hold for 46 minutes. 

I have NEVER had such a bad experience with a company. 

It is unfortunate that no one is held accountable and speaking to a supervisor does absolutely nothing to ensure that a problem will be fixed.  I have no confidence at all that I will have cable/internet anytime soon.  A $20 credit and free HBO (for how long?) are NOT an appropriate fix. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: 9 days since first scheduled install, still do not have services

Go ahead and email we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include a link to this post. They will supposedly respond and help you resolve the issue. Apparently they are a different department and not connected to the brain dead people you have been abused by.