Community Forum

8 Straight days of outages and ZERO help or answers from customer support!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

8 Straight days of outages and ZERO help or answers from customer support!

I am now on 8 straight days of continual outages in Southeast, Michigan with no end in sight.  CS has been unable to provide any answers or give me an ETA when this will stop.

My first outage was on November 9th and continued through the 10th.  I contacted customer support via chat only to be told this was system maintenance and there was an ETA for it to be done by 12:00 p.m. on the 10th.  The was wrong and continued well into Saturday morning on the 11th.  For my troubles Comcast credited me a whopping $8!

On Thursday the 7th my cable went out again.  I contacted CS via chat only to be told it was a system outage and there was no ETA and I was given $4 for loss of service.  They service came back on by morning but was off air by Friday, evening the 8th.  This has continued EVERYDAY since.  it works for a few hours then completely goes out.  Sometimes my internet still works other times it does not.  

I called CS on Tuesday and they had no explanation.  The agent said again it was a system outage and offered to run system diagnostics and I declined since he made me aware it wouldn't resolved anything.

So here I am on Friday at 12:00 a.m. and no service.  It was working this morning and went out at noon on Thursday the 14th and has been out since.  It seems to go out almost everynight and during the day as well when I have been home.

I have not be compensated for the lost service despite the fact Comcast will charge me a $15 late fee if I am one day late with my payment.

No one at your company has been able to give me an answer as to what is going on and when it will be fixed.  IF the outage is as large as it seems I assume Comcast would know what the problem and the ETA for full service restoration.

Chris Roberts

Official Employee

Re: 8 Straight days of outages and ZERO help or answers from customer support!

Hello c-rob74, I can address your service concerns here. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!