Community Forum

$60 service charge

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

$60 service charge

I have had service outage problems several times over the past 6 months. Each time it has been due to the connection on the exterior of my home ( which I have no control) I have never been charged a service fee for a problem on the exterior of my home until now.  Each time I was told by the customer service person there would only be a charge should it be a problem inside the home. The technician put a cover box over the connection this time because he said it should be protected from the rain etc. I called customer service and was told there is a fee no matter what because it is located on my property( huh?).  I asked that the charge be removed and he refused. I asked to speak to a supervisor and multiple times I was told no one was available and that he would have someone call me. I have no confidence this will happen. What is up with Comcast! Can someone help?

Regular Visitor

Re: $60 service charge

Don’t feel bad this just happened to us
You guys lost a loyal customer after 7yrs over a $60 charge for a service call! We did the over the phone diagnosis and they said none of that is working and they need to send a tech. Never said there would possibly be a $60 charge. Well the tech came in and tried things then the hdmi cable and it was bad. Now this is a cable that you supplied with the receiver. But they claim cables aren’t there equipment! So after 3 phone calls to customer service and they weren’t willing to budge you lost us as a customer over $60. Our bill was always paid! Great customer service I will be sure to tell everyone and maybe even put a sign in my yard
Official Employee

Re: $60 service charge

Hi @Gn9160. I can assist with reviewing your account for the technician visit your were billed for. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.